Thursday, March 24th is National Philadelphia Cheesesteak Day! To celebrate, try one of these 25 variations on the city’s iconic sandwich.
March 24th is National Philadelphia Cheesesteak Day, a day to celebrate the city’s iconic sandwich. The origins of the sandwich are debated, but it is comprised of thinly sliced sauteed beef and cheese (Philadelphians usually choose Provolone or American, almost no one gets Cheez Whiz!), served on a long roll from a bakery called Amoroso’s. Optional toppings include onions, peppers or mushrooms.
It’s difficult to find a good Philadelphia cheesesteak outside of Philadelphia, but to celebrate the day, you can try one of these 25 variations, which include appetizers and main dishes, from nachos to soup, and quesadillas to chili.
- Cheesesteak Poutine by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Bread by Country Cleaver
- Crescent Braided Cheesesteak by Tammilee Tips
- Healthy Cauliflower Rice Philly Cheesesteak by Food Faith Fitness
- Jalapeno Popper Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatless Philly Cheesesteak by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Mini Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaves by Iowa Girl Eats
- Philly Cheesesteak Burger by Snappy Gourmet
- Philly Cheesesteak Chili by The Redhead Baker
- Philly Cheesesteak Chimichangas by Chef-in-Training
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip by Dinners, Dishes and Dessert
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls by I Wash You Dry
- Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese by Nutmeg Nanny
- Philly Cheesesteak Hot Dog by Country Cleaver
- Philly Cheesesteak Mac and Cheese by The Slow Roasted Italian
- Philly Cheesesteak Nachos by Life’s Ambrosia
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza by Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Philly Cheesesteak Potato Skins by Mom on Timeout
- Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Blond Cook