The Orange Crush Cocktail was invented in Maryland, but should be a mainstay of every summer outdoor party! It’s cold, refreshing and delicious!
I love cookouts. The smoky aroma wafting off of the grill, the bright salads full of garden-fresh veggies, the creamy potato salad, and the refreshing summer cocktails!
I recently learned about the Orange Crush, a cocktail that originated in a restaurant in Maryland, that combines vodka, triple sec, the juice of a crushed orange and lemon-lime soda. As I was brainstorming ideas for a cocktail to include in my #CookoutWeek lineup, I thought the Orange Crush sounded perfect!
To make these for a large crowd, you can combine the vodka and triple sec ahead of time, and pour 4 ounces of the mixture (a quarter of a cup) into each glass, then squeeze the juice of an orange into each glass.
If you REALLY want a taste of orange, use orange-flavored vodka instead of regular vodka — there are several brands on the market.
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz triple sec
- 1 orange, juiced
- Lemon-lime soda
- Thinly-sliced orange wedges, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Fill a tall glass with ice.
Pour the vodka and triple sec over the ice.
Squeeze the orange over the liquor, then top off with lemon-lime soda.
Garnish with orange wedges and fresh mint.
Slightly adapted from Harborside Bar & Grill
You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media. As a bonus entry, leave a comment on this post, telling me your favorite cookout beverage! Alcoholic or non-alcoholic.