Ice Cream Week continues with White Russian Milkshakes — coffee ice cream, whipped cream vodka and coffee liqueur for a frozen twist on the classic cocktail!
Welcome to Day 2 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. It’s going to be an epic week full of frozen treats!
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- One Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
I’m a big fan of cocktails that involve chocolate, coffee, and/or whipped cream. The White Russian can, depending on the recipe, contain all three. What can make those cocktails even better? Making them into boozy milkshakes!
The White Russian reminds me of the Snowpocalypse of 2010. We got over three feet of snow in one day. We stocked up on food and alcohol, and prepared ourselves to be stuck in the house for several days. Since we couldn’t go anywhere, what was the harm in having cocktails at 1 in the afternoon? We watched bad television, had our cocktails, and had a fun afternoon!
These milkshakes are a great summertime version of that cocktail. If you like yours extra slushy, add a cup of ice to the blender.
White Russian Milkshakes #IceCreamWeek
- 1 cup coffee ice cream softened
- 1 oz shot coffee liqueur 1 1/2
- 1 oz shot whipped cream-flavored vodka 1 1/2
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Grated semisweet chocolate or chocolate syrup, for garnish
Place the coffee ice cream, coffee liqueur, and flavored vodka in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 20 seconds, until well-combined but still thick.
Pour into a chilled glass, garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate or chocolate syrup.
Adapted from Epicurious
Stop by to visit all our Day 2 Ice Cream Week Participants:
- S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- White Russian Milkshakes by The Redhead Baker
- Very Chocolate Little Malt Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Kickin’ Peach Milkshake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Love and Confections
- Chocolate Beet Milkshakes by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Ice Cream by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mother Would Know
Disclaimer: I was not compensated monetarily or with any product(s) for participating in this blogging event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st. See official giveaway rules here.