Mango creamsicles have only three ingredients, and are so easy to make! They're my son's favorite treat on a hot summer day.
Welcome to the Kids Favorite Recipes #SundaySupper event, hosted by Ellen of Family Around The Table. Kids have strong opinions about what recipes they like, and our group of bloggers is sharing recipes that kids in their lives love the most.
My 4-year-old son and I are alike in many ways — we both love books, building with LEGOs, and coloring. We are different in many other ways. I'm a dog person, but Liam is lobbying hard for a cat (to the point that he suggested his dad, who is allergic to cats, move to another house so we can adopt a cat). Liam wants to go camping, and I have no interest. And finally, I'm a total chocoholic, but Liam prefers fruity treats.
It's not such a bad thing, though. When Liam gets home from trick-or-treating, I have my pick of chocolate treats. If I pick up something chocolatey from the grocery store, I don't have to worry about sharing.
This summer, Liam's favorite thing to eat is ice pops. We've been getting a box of fruit-flavored ice pops each week at the grocery store. He loves orange creamsicles, but one week he asked for mango, which the store doesn't carry. He settled for orange again, but I thought, why couldn't I just make mango creamsicles at home?
There are a number of inexpensive ice pop molds available, and the one I chose is the Norpro Ice Pop Mold, because I prefer to use wooden sticks. I had another mold with reusable plastic drip guard holders. But the ice pops fell out of the freezer, and the frozen plastic broke.
Making these creamsicles is so easy, you just need chopped fruit and cream, and either sugar or citrus juice, and either a blender or food processor. If you are dairy-free for health or dietary reasons, you can substitute coconut cream for the heavy cream. The reason you wait 30 minutes before inserting the sticks is to ensure that the sticks remain straight in the ice pop molds.
Pin this recipe for Mango Creamsicles for later!
- 1 large, ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup whole coconut milk or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place the mango chunks, coconut milk or half-and-half and lime juice in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the puree into ice pop molds and freeze for 30 minutes. Insert wooden sticks, and freeze another 2 to 3 hours, until frozen solid.
- Run the ice pop mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the creamsicles from the mold.
Recipe by The Redhead Baker
Discover more #SundaySupper Kids Favorite Recipes
- Dueling Gyozas - Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S'mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook
Sunday 7th of August 2016
Such beautiful pops that look like summer!
Monday 1st of August 2016
Liam is too cute! He sounds like me - I love cats but my husband is allergic so no cats in our house and I prefer fruit desserts to chocolate but Steve is a total chocoholic. These Mango creamsicles are right up my alley...and I might even have them all to myself!
Sarah Reid, CNP (@jo_jo_ba)
Sunday 31st of July 2016
Mangoes are do delicious for Summer, and a lot of my kids like them!
Sunday 31st of July 2016
LOL, Liam sounds like my daughter, Katie. When she was about 4, she said, "When dad dies, we can get a cat." He's allergic, too. We got a good laugh out of that. These creamsicles sound fanastic!