Personally, I can't stand ricotta cheese. Both the flavor and the texture bug me (can't eat cottage cheese, either). I got this recipe from a chef at The Restaurant School for cannoli filling.
I have the molds to make the shells at home. But I've never done it. It's just too easy to go to the local grocery store and buy them (in the International Foods aisle).
And everybody compliments them (to my face, anyway) — even my Italian friends.
Source: Chef Derek
- 1 pound marscapone cheese (I didn't say it was a low-cost recipe!)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- Beat all ingredients together, and pipe into empty cannoli shells.
- Dip ends of filled shells into mini chocolate chips.
- Dust cannoli with powdered sugar.