This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.
Looking for a spooky cocktail for your Halloween party? Try these blood-red pomegranate margaritas! Pomegranate juice blends perfectly with the classic margarita ingredients.
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Pomegranate Margaritas Recipe
These pomegranate margaritas would be perfect for any Halloween get-together. The deep red color reminds me of blood, and the skeleton-hand glasses complete the theme.
The recipe below is scaled up for a crowd, but if you’re expecting a smaller group, feel free to scale the recipe down and make them in a cocktail shaker.
I love margaritas because they’re a not-overly-sweet cocktail. This one gets a little fizz from club soda. Otherwise, the ingredients are the same as a traditional margarita, because pomegranate blends well with the classic margarita flavors.
If you’re not a tequila fan, but still want a pomegranate-flavored cocktail, you could also try making one of my all-time favorite drinks, Pomegranate Red Wine Sangria.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $13.99Was: $21.99
Spooktacular Halloween Beverage Cocktail Napkins - Set of 30 assorted paper napkins with foil designsPrice: $14.99Was: $16.99
- 16 oz silver tequila, chilled
- 8 oz triple sec, chilled
- 16 oz pomegranate juice, chilled
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, chilled
- Club soda, chilled
- Margarita salt, if desired
- Lime wedges
- In a large pitcher, combine the tequila, triple sec, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, if salting the rims, run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass, then dip in a shallow dish of margarita salt.
- Pour about 2 1/2 ounces of margarita mixture into the glass, and top off with club soda.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126 Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 8g
Check out more amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Velvet Cake from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- “Pumpkin” Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.