Spooky red cider sangria is perfect for the adult crowd Halloween party. Its blood-red color and autumn flavors will get everyone in the spooky season mood.
Some adults love Halloween just as much as kids, so they deserve some Halloween treats, too!
This spooky red cider sangria is full of fall flavor like apples and cinnamon. It's deep red color is perfect for a Halloween party, and you can amp up the spookiness by serving it in a wine glass being cupped in a skeleton hand.
Sangria is such an easy cocktail to make, and it's also easy to make in large batches.
It starts with a dry red wine, like pinot noir. Use any brand you enjoy drinking. It doesn't have to be top-shelf.
Then, you add apple cider (preferably one without added spices or other flavors, like caramel), and sliced honeycrisp apples.
Then add some orange juice (or orange-flavored liqueur like Grand Marnier, if you like) and whole cinnamon sticks. The cinnamon flavor will steep into the wine as it chills in the refrigerator.
If you want to add even more flavor to this red cider sangria, you can add a few twists of orange peel to the sangria along with the apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
If you want a slightly deeper, oaky flavor, add a cup of brandy or whiskey as well. If you do add the brandy, taste the sangria before adding the maple syrup or other sweetener, since brandy is a sweeter liquor.
This is an ideal cocktail for making ahead of time, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the stronger the apple and cinnamon flavors will steep into the liquid.
In the refrigerator, keep it in a pitcher with a lid, or other airtight storage container, so it doesn't absorb any flavors from other foods that might be in your refrigerator.
More Fall Sangria Ideas
If apples aren't your cup of
tea sangria, try my pomegranate sangria instead.
Not a red wine fan? Try my cinnamon apple sangria with a white wine base.
- 3 honeycrisp apples, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks, 3 to 4 inches (7.5 to 10 cm) in length each
- 750 mL chilled pinot noir or other dry red wine
- 2 cups (16 fl oz/473 mL) cold apple cider
- ½ orange juice (4 fl oz/118 mL) grand marnier liqueur
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
If you prefer a sweeter sangria, add the maple syrup. You can also substitute an equal amount of agave syrup or honey for a less prominent flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 1g
I am not a certified nutritionist. This nutrition information is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only.
Welcome to 2023’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
If you're new here, Welcome! If you're a returning haunt, welcome back!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . You'll find that this fun and spooky event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some frightfully fun Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this year's 6th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event, we have 18 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Make sure to check out all of the fun Halloween recipes that we're sharing this week!
Today's Halloween Offerings:
- Jack Skellington Hot Chocolate Bombs from Big Bear's Wife
- Spider Web Brownies from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Butterbeer Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Witch Hats from Our Good Life
- Chocolate Bat Cereal Treats from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin S'mores Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
- Oreo Mummy Bark from An Affair from the Heart
- Fruity Halloween Rice Cereal Treats from Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Frostbite Fingers (Chocolate Tamales) from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cinnamon & Sugar Crescent Roll Witch Hats from Savory Moments
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Best Dessert Recipes
- Ghost Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Witches Brew from Jen Around the World
- Severed Hand Pies from Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Kiss From A Vampire Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal