Looking for a seasonal dinner recipe that is quick enough for a busy weeknight? Try these delicious cranberry balsamic chicken thighs.
For my final #CranberryWeek recipe, I’m sharing a savory dish! That’s one of my favorite thing about cranberries: they work equally well in both sweet and savory recipes.
In this one, cranberries are combined with balsamic vinegar and honey, which creates a sauce for the chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are cheaper than chicken breasts, more flavorful, and more forgiving if you happen to overcook them.
It’s a very hands-off recipe, too, so you are free to cook side dishes while the chicken thighs simmer in the pot. What could be better than that?
The tangy-sweet flavor complements the chicken thighs really well. And since cranberries are in season now, they are abundant and flavorful, not to mention loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants.
I hope you’ve enjoyed #CranberryWeek and found some delicious cranberry recipes to enjoy this season!
[amazon_link asins=’B000EIMAZ6,B077JZMR9G,B00004OCK1,B00UD6Y6QU’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’theredheadbak-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1d5e4159-e097-11e8-b056-b349014150eb’]
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about 1½ pounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, reduce heat to medium and cook, undisturbed, until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan. Turn the chicken over and add cranberries, vinegar, honey and thyme to the pan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- Partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part without touching bone reaches 165°F, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Increase heat to high, add the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and cook uncovered, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: serving (chicken thigh plus sauce)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 23g
More #CranberryWeek Recipes
- Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cranberry-Ginger Whiskey Smash from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey & Cheese Meatballs from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Pecan Doughnuts from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Walnut Rugelagh from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Liqueur from Family Around the Table
- Low-Sugar Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Vanilla Rum Sugared Cranberries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Venison Chops with Apples and Cranberries from The Gingered Whisk