This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These haunted graveyard brownies start with your favorite brownie recipe. Add chocolate frosting, Wilton candy decorations, and cookie “tombstones” to make adorable Halloween treats.
I hope these spooky sweets and treats are getting you into the Halloween mood! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway! Prize info and giveaway entry form are at the bottom of this post.
Today’s post is a super easy Halloween treat that kids and adults alike will love! I’m going to show you how to turn a pan of brownies into a haunted graveyard.
It starts with a 9-inch by 9-inch pan of brownies. Fudgy brownies, cakey brownies, whatever you like. I’ve included my favorite brownie recipe below, but you can substitute your favorite, or even use a boxed mix.
Next, the brownies are topped with chocolate frosting. I’ll tell you a secret: if I’m not making Swiss meringue buttercream, I actually prefer store-bought creamy chocolate frosting! The frosting is what helps adhere the adorable little candy ghosts from Wilton, as well as the sandwich cookies that become the tombstones.
When it comes to Halloween baking, Wilton has everything you need for spooky treats, from sprinkles to cupcake liners, pumpkin-shaped silicone molds, cookie cutters, treat bags and more! You can order online from Wilton, or find them at your local craft stores.
These haunted graveyard brownies are perfect for Halloween parties with family, friends, co-workers, you name it. The brownies can be made and frosted a day ahead of time, then covered and stored in the refrigerator. Take them out about 30 minutes prior to serving, and add the tombstone and ghost to each one.
[amazon_link asins=’B015CQZO0W,B00375MLRA,B00004OCNM,B00CRJDJTG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’theredheadbak-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7718f6b7-c825-11e8-9da6-6b83c22c2a5b’]
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Adams vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz chocolate frosting
- 12 European-style biscuit sandwich cookies
- 12 Wilton candy ghosts
- Black edible marker
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Set a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Next, add the granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir well with a wire whisk. Then, whisk in the cocoa powder. Remove from heat. and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add the eggs, one and a time, whisking between each addition until the eggs are fully combined.
- Add the flour and salt and stir well, but not fast -- you don't want to incorporate air.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30- 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove parchment paper (with brownies) from the pan. Peel away the parchment paper. Frost the brownies with the chocolate frosting, then cut into 16 squares.
- Cut one curved end off of each cookie. Holding the cookie with the cut end down, write "R.I.P." on one side of each cookie, and place cut-side-down in each brownie. Add a Wilton candy ghost to each brownie, and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 22g Protein: 4g
Check out more amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Vodka Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Monster Mash Piñata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Crispy Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.