This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Frankenstein Crispy Rice Cereal Treats are an easy, no-bake Halloween snack that kids can help make! Adults and kids alike love to eat these treats.
I hope these spooky sweets and treats are getting you into the Halloween mood. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway—today is the last day to enter! Prize info and giveaway entry form are at the bottom of this post.
Today’s post is a another super easy Halloween treat that kids and adults alike will love! This one takes classic crispy rice cereal treats and turns them into an iconic symbol of Halloween—Frankenstein! OK, techincally, Frankenstein’s monster.
I love that Wilton makes these candy eyeballs. The plain ones can be used beyond Halloween for character cupcakes or cookies. They also have ones with red streaks for bloody veins, and both green and yellow colors, too. The yellow would be great for werewolves!
You can arrange these on a tray for Halloween parties at your home, at work (don’t let anyone kid you, adults love these cereal treats as much as kids!), at school, or anywhere; or pop them into a Wilton treat bag to give away as party favors, or trick-or-treating.
Just about everyone loves these no-bake cereal treats. They’re so easy to make! After the treats have cooled, spread some green frosting on them. Dip the tops in melted chocolate, attach some candy eyes, and make a mouth from the melted chocolate.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this week of Halloween treats! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
[amazon_link asins=’B003YL3MHA,B015CQZKH4,B005PP9ACY,B000MT64YU,B000BVZLI4,B071KT55MZ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’theredheadbak-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fe3750f7-c8f9-11e8-b8d7-f9903ffcdfb1′]
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 1/2 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup green-tinted icing
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Wilton candy eyes
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with wax or parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt the butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from the heat.
- Add the rice cereal; mix well, until all of the cereal is coated.
- Press onto bottom of the prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Heat 1 inch of water in a saucepan to a boil. Pour the semisweet chocolate chips into a smaller bowl that fits over the saucepan. Place the bowl of chocolate chips over the boiling water (without letting the bottom touch the boiling water) and stir until melted. Transfer about a quarter cup of the melted chocolate to a piping bag. Set both the bowl and the bag aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the cooled cereal treats into 12 bars. Frost each with some of the green-tinted icing.
- Dip one short end of each cereal treat into the melted chocolate, then lay on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Repeat with each cereal treat.
- Pipe a small dot of chocolate onto the back of each candy eye, and place two of the eyes on the green frosting of each treat, just below the melted chocolate.
- Use the remaining melted chocolate in the piping bag to draw a mouth on each treat.
- Place the treats in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: treat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Check out more amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes!
- Frosted White Chocolate Halloween Swirl Brownies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Pound Cake from ReciPEAs
- Halloween Scene Cake from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Graveyard Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Gooey Monster Peanut Butter Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Mummy Dogs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Bleeding Red Velvet Lava Cakes from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.