Brunch doesn't have to be a diet-buster! This smoothie of fresh peaches, peach nectar, yogurt and bananas is a delicious and filling way to start your day.
I admit, I seem to gravitate towards the highest-calorie dishes when I'm out for brunch. I figure, I don't eat brunch every day, so it's ok to indulge once in a while.
But I know that not everybody shares my philosophy — which is fine! Healthy brunch can be delicious, too!
This smoothie is a blend of peach slices, peach nectar (a thicker juice made with peach pulp), banana, yogurt and ice. I used vanilla low-fat yogurt, but fat-free yogurt would work just as well.
As I said in my strawberry daiquiri recipe, make sure your blender is capable of crushing ice. Not all blenders have that capability. You may need to crush your ice before adding it to your blender.
It's easy enough to change up the flavor in this smoothie: change up the frozen fruit. Use half peach/half mango, or change it up completely by using berries. If you switch to berries, you could use low-fat or fat-free milk or almond milk instead of fruit nectar.
You could even bump up the health factor by adding protein powder, but as I don't have any on hand, I'm not qualified to recommend how much to add.
Brunch doesn't have to be a diet-buster! This smoothie of fresh peaches, peach nectar, yogurt and bananas is a delicious and filling way to start the day.
- ½ cup peach nectar
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- ¼ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on puree setting until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide between two glasses, garnish with a fresh peach slice and serve!
Peach nectar is often found in cartons in the juice aisle. If you can't find it, you can substitute orange juice, though the smoothie will not have the same pure peach flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
I am not a certified nutritionist. This nutrition information is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only.
More BrunchWeek Recipes
- Avocado Dalgona Coffee by Simply Healthyish Recipes
- Peach Smoothie by The Redhead Baker
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- French Toast Casserole by Making Miracles
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Quiche by The Nifty Foodie
- Steak and Potato Hash by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
- Caramelized Grapefruit with candied mint by Happily Curated Chaos
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
- Southern Brunch Board by Love & Confections
- Keto Lemon Cake by Keto Basic AF
- Raspberry Macarons Recipe by April Golightly
Wednesday 24th of June 2020
Ohhh yumm... I love the addition of the peach nectar to this smoothie - it sounds like a wonderful way to start the day!