Gourmet? Hardly. Healthy? Not really. But holy crap, they are addictive! Baking in muffin tins keeps the balls from rolling around when placing them in the oven, but if you don't have one, slightly flatten the bottom of each ball, and bake on a baking sheet.
I don't claim this recipe to be "mine," but I don't remember where I first found this recipe to give attribution. If you know where it originally came from, please leave a comment, and I will cite the source in the post.
Spinach Appetizer Balls
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray, or coat a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Shape into walnut-size balls and place in muffin tins or on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and heated through.
Leave a Reply