I made a version of these White Chocolate Brownies while working at a bakery in Newtown, PA. I adapted the original recipe, and have decided to post it here.
White Chocolate Brownies
Source: Ann B.
- 1 pound of good-quality white chocolate (like Valrhona, Scharffen Berger, or Guittard) (coarsely chopped if it comes in bar form)
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz granulated sugar
- 5 ⅓ oz unbleached all-purpose flour
- 12 oz milk chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate and allow to cool.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy (known as the "ribbon stage")
- Add melted chocolate and melted butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract.
- Toss chocolate chunks with a small bit of the flour.
- Stir the rest of the flour in to the batter, just until incorporated.
- Stir chunks into the batter.
- Spread batter into pan, and bake for 45 minutes.