A different take on chocolate chip cookies! These delicious cookies are loaded with cranberries and white chocolate. Drizzle with melted white chocolate for an extra decadent treat.
I like to kick off the holidays with a marathon cookie-baking session. I have a few stand-bys, like chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies, meringues, and ginger snaps. But each year, I like to add a few new recipes to the mix as well. This recipe for Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies from Southern Living has been on my "to make" list since last holiday season, but with a newborn baby, I just never got around to it.
I chose these because cranberries feel festive and fall-ish to me. I love the flavor combination of cranberries and white chocolate. Serve these at a holiday party, wrap some up and give as gifts to co-workers, send as part of a cookie swap, or just keep them at home to enjoy throughout the holiday season.
These cookies freeze beautifully, both before and after baking. Before baking, scoop the dough onto cookie sheets as if you were going to bake, but place them closer together, and place the whole sheet in the freezer. Once the dough balls are frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer, label and date, and note the cooking time and temp. Frozen dough will keep 4 to 6 weeks. After baking, lay cookies in even layers inside a plastic freezer bag with sheets of wax paper between each layer. Place in the freezer. Baked cookies will keep for a month.
I loved the flavor of these cookies. The texture reminded me very much of chocolate chip cookies. I love eat tart dried cranberries with sweet white chocolate. I really liked these cookies, and will definitely continue to keep them in my holiday cookie rotation.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 oz white chocolate bar, melted and cooled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined, about 1 minute. Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips. Cover dough; chill until dough is easy to handle and not sticky, about 1 hour.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, 1 baking sheet at a time, rotating 180 degrees halfway through baking, until edges are lightly brown, about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
I am not a certified nutritionist. This nutrition information is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only.