This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase something through an affiliate link, I receive a small portion of the sale.
Gingerbread white chocolate blondies are warmly spiced bar cookies, loaded with creamy white chocolate chips. Perfect Christmas treat!
Thank you to Ellen at Family Around the Table and Christie at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookiesWeek! We're sharing some of our favorite holiday cookies and bars all week, AND giving away some great prizes (detailed below).
I'm starting off with a gingerbread bar cookie. It's similar in texture to a fudgy brownie, but since it doesn't contain any cocoa, it's called a blondie. It's flavored with the traditional gingerbread ingredients: brown sugar, molasses, and lots of ground ginger and other spices. If you like a slightly underdone center (as pictured), aim for the lower end of the baking guidelines.
Finally, for some flavor and texture contrast, I blended in some creamy white chocolate morsels. I added one cup, which I feel is more than enough, but if you prefer more, you can add up to 2 cups (a full 12-ounce bag).
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 5/8 inch x 16 1/2 inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer.
[amazon_link asins='B009P4845K,B00004OCNS,B015CQZKH4,B00004RFMT,B00030CGKY' template='ProductCarousel' store='theredheadbak-20' marketplace='US' link_id='e3da2736-f688-11e8-b4d1-6bc007f7d089']
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp Adams vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13" rectangular baking pan with tin foil, leaving two inches of overhang on each short side, then spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar; let cool 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition, followed by the vanilla, molasses, baking soda, spices, and flour until a soft batter comes together. Mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and bake for approximately 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Lift the blondies out of the pan by the overhang. Cut into 24 bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 31gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
Slightly adapted from The Domestic Rebel
More #ChristmasCookiesWeek Recipes
- Ach Tannebaum' Iced Sugar Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n' Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Frostbite Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline's Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Pizzelles by Girl Abroad
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate's Recipe Box
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.