I hope you'll indulge my temporary deviation from my usual food-related topics. My Peanut is now 9 months old and I'm feeling a little sentimental. If a "little" milestone like this gets me teary-eyed, what a mess I'll be as he gets older!
Nine months can seem short or long, depending on how you look at it. Liam's nine months have seemed both short AND long, if that's possible. It sometimes feels like only yesterday he came bursting into the world, two weeks early.
And yet he's been part of my life for so long that I can't remember what life was like before him.
It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn. He came into the world a tiny 5 lbs 15.9 ounces, 19.25 inches long. He has grown to 20 lbs 1 ounce, 2 feet 5.25 inches long.
Since my 6-month update, Liam has:
- learned to crawl around on his belly;
- crawled a few inches on his hands and knees (but then his knees slide out from under him on the tile floor);
- sits unassisted, and gets himself into a sitting position from lying down;
- babbled "da-da" and "ma-ma" (but he doesn't know the meaning of those "words");
- used furniture to pull himself to knees, and once pulled himself onto his feet;
- had his two front bottom teeth come in, and the top two front teeth just poked through;
- learned his name; and
- learned object permanence (which means that even when the dogs go lay down out of sight, he will go look for them — sigh).