I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy pumpkin gingersnap cheesecake is a delicious fall dessert. It has a spiced gingersnap crust, and is topped with spiced whipped cream.
Fall is in the air, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 34 bloggers will be sharing 140+ fantastic recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks. Thank you sponsors for providing the prize packages. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
PRIZE #1 DIXIE CRYSTALS
Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a Marble Rolling Pin and Board Set.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. For generations, Dixie Crystals has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. Our pure cane, non-GMO sugar products guarantee that treasured family recipes will turn out right every time. Bake with love and Dixie Crystals.
PRIZE#2 SWEETS & TREATS
Sweets & Treats is giving one winner the Year of Sprinkles that contains holiday mixes, classic sprinkles, and some of their most popular sprinkles.
Sweets & Treats, a party and baking supplies manufacturer and wholesaler, started out of a baking industry need for truly grease-proof cupcake liners. From there, the company expanded into a handful of specialized categories including the latest, Sweet Sprinkles, their one of a kind sprinkles and sprinkle mix line. With hundreds of truly unique products, they are a one stop shop for your next party!
Torani is giving one winner a year supply of Torani: 12-750ml glass bottles, flavors will be winner’s choice, plus pumps for each bottle.
We believe in flavor for all and opportunity for all. In the beginning, Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre visited family in Lucca, Italy. They returned home to San Francisco with handwritten recipes, which they used to create authentic flavored syrups. Needless to say, the syrups we’re a hit. A lot has happened since then, but our belief has remained the same: Flavor for All, Opportunity for All. It means that not only are the products we make inclusive and approachable, but so is our success. We believe everything starts with people, and the only way to truly succeed is to succeed together. Today, you can use more than 100 of our naturally flavored syrups, sauces and beverage bases in coffees, sodas, teas, smoothies, cocktails and more.
PRIZE#4 CABOT CREAMERY CO-OPERATIVE
Cabot is giving one winner a gift box of assorted Cabot cheeses.
The farm families that own Cabot Creamery Co-operative love what they do. And they’ve been doing it for a long time—every single day since 1919. Almost 100 years later, we’re proud of our thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows that produce the rich, buttery milk that we use to make Cabot’s award-winning cheese and dairy products. We like to think those awards mean we’re doing something right. Of course, you’re a big part of this too. If you love eating our cheese as much as we love making it, then we’ll get to keep doing what we do for generations to come.
I’ve been participating in #PumpkinWeek for years, and I’m actually surprised I haven’t made a pumpkin cheesecake before now! Cheesecake is my “signature dessert” within my family.
Possibly because I’m the only one patient enough to allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature and make the whole water bath set-up. I explain in other cheesecake posts why the water bath is so important in cheesecake baking.
This cheesecake is especially delicious (or maybe I’m biased because of my love of all things pumpkin). Every layer has a warmly spiced flavor. However, if you can’t find gingersnaps, and don’t want to make your own just to crumble them, this would be perfectly delicious with graham crackers. You can even add the spices to the graham cracker crumbs!
The spiced whipped cream sends the whole thing over the top. This whipped cream is also delicious on fall pies, like apple or pumpkin. Then, the whipped cream is topped with pumpkin candy sprinkles from my favorite sprinkle company, Sweets and Treats. I’ve been a fan of this company long before they started sponsoring PumpkinWeek. They have such a wide variety of sprinkle mixes, and in the unlikely event you can’t find a mix that suits your needs, you can make your own!
The cheesecake should be made a day in advance of when you plan to serve it, however, I recommend holding off on making the whipped cream until shortly before you plan to serve it. Whipped cream doesn’t keep well in the refrigerator for long periods of time, and would weep (liquid seeps out of the cream) onto your cheesecake.
To get nice, clean cuts like the ones pictured here, run a sharp chef’s knife until very hot water, quickly wipe dry, then immediately cut into the cheesecake. Repeat the hot water, wipe dry and cut each and every time.
For the crust
- 1 1/4 cups (191g) gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup (28g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp (28g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (7 oz) sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
For the topping
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 oz Sweets and Treats Pumpkin Candy Sprinkles
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the gingersnap cookie crumbs, flour, ginger and brown sugar. Add the melted butter, and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press into the bottom and part-way up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
Make the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, periodically scraping down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla, pumpkin and spices, and beat on medium until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated and scraping down the bowl before adding the next one.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. While the water is heating, wrap the bottom of the springform pan in a double layer of tin foil.
- Once the water is boiled, place your springform pan inside a larger cake pan (at least 10 inches in diameter). Place both in the oven. Carefully pour the hot water into the larger cake pan, being careful not to splash any into the cheesecake batter. Center the springform pan in the larger cake pan, and close the oven.
- Bake the cheesecake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake barely jiggles when gently shaken.
- Remove the pans from the oven and remove the springform pan from the water bath. Cool on a wire rack to room temparture.
- Run a thin paring knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the springform pan. Then cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
Make the whipped cream
- Just before serving, in a chilled mixing bowl, whip the cream with the sugar until medium peaks form.
- Add the spices and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with an open star tip, and pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with Sweets and Treats Candy Pumpkins. Slice and serve.
If you don't have a 10-inch cake pan, you can also use a large disposable aluminum foil roasting pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 137mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Dairy Free Iced Coconut Pumpkin Spice Latte from Frugal & Fit
Easy Pumpkin Frappuccino from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Bubble Milk Tea from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin Spice Red Sangria from Love & Confections
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes from Blogghetti
Overnight Pumpkin French Toast with Pecan Praline Topping from Food Above Gold
Pumpkin Granola from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll from Seduction In The Kitchen
Pumpkin Waffles from 4 Sons R Us
Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Cream Cheese from My Sweet Zepol
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin and Cheddar Pierogies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin and Sausage Tacos from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Broccoli Cheddar Soup from The Crumby Kitchen
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese from For the Love of Food
Pumpkin Parmesan Risotto with Bacon from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie from Palatable Pastime
Mini Pumpkin Pie Hand Pies from The Beard and The Baker
Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Everyday Eileen
Pumpkin Butter Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Pumpkin Creme Brûlée from Jen Around the World
Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Brownies from Big Bear’s Wife
Pumpkin Pie Dipped Oreos from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles from Creative Southern Home
Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze from Shockingly Delicious
Thank you to #PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, and Cabot Creamery Co-operative for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and alternate winner(s) will be chosen. The #PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #PumpkinWeek posts or entry.