This makes a LOT of dough. You'll need at least a KitchenAid Pro 6 quart mixer to make this recipe.
Cinnamon Buns with Sweetened Cream Cheese Icing
Source: Chef Meg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ½ teaspoon salt
- 3.5 oz sugar
- 4 oz butter
- 2 pounds AP flour, divided
- ½ oz dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 11 oz unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 8 oz brown sugar
- 10 ½ oz sugar
- 3 oz AP flour
- 2 oz cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 pound butter
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 2 ½ pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the milk, salt, sugar and butter in a saucepot and heat to 110 to 115 degrees.
- Combine dry yeast with one pound of flour.
- In mixer, combine warm milk and flour with paddle attachment. Add egg. Mix in and beat on medium speed 3 mins.
- Scrape the mixing bowl well, and switch to dough hook.
- Add the additional pound of flour. Knead briefly with dough hook to combine.
- Put dough in large bowl or tub sprayed with cooking spray, cover and let rest 30 mins.
- Prepare filling by creaming together all ingredients.
- Punch down dough and roll into ¼-inch thick rectangle. Brush dough with melted butter before spreading filling.
- Roll into tube, pinch to close, and cut into ½ inch slices. Proof until dough springs back ⅔s of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden.
- Whisk together ingredients for icing. Spread onto warm cinnamon buns.