- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
For the burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Avocado slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and coriander in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Aioli can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place the ground turkey in medium mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of the aioli; mix gently until fully combined. Using damp, clean hands, divide the turkey mixture into 4-ounce portions, then form each into ¾-inch-thick patties, about 3 ½ inches in diameter. Using thumb, make small indentation in center of each burger to keep the burger from puffing too much during cooking.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. Sprinkle burgers with salt and pepper. Cook turkey burgers about 5 minutes. Flip the burgers over; and continue cooking until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Top each burger with 1 cheese slice and cook until meat is cooked through and cheese melts, about another minute longer.
- Place 1 turkey burger on each of 4 bun bottoms. Top each with dollop of aioli, some arugula and avocado. Cover the burgers with bun tops and serve with your favorite burger sides.