Easy, no-bake five-ingredient peppermint mocha fudge makes a delicious holiday party treat, or a sweet homemade gift.
Welcome to Day 3 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
In this hectic holiday season, who couldn’t use a fast, easy treat recipe that’s perfect for giving away as a gift, or bringing along to a holiday party? This festive, sweet fudge doesn’t require any baking. Old-fashioned fudge requires a candy thermometer. This shortcut fudge uses condensed milk, and is ready in about half the time.
Fudge is a very underrated sweet treat. Everyone is all about the cookies this time of year (for good reason, I’m not knocking cookies). Stand out from the crowd, and when everyone is bringing cookies to a holiday party, bring a tray of decadent peppermint mocha fudge.
I was preparing to make plain old candy cane fudge, but when I stopped to pick up my favorite seasonal latte, a peppermint mocha, I thought how delicious that flavor would be in a square of fudge. The coffee flavor comes from instant espresso powder. Instant espresso is available in most grocery retailers. If you can’t find it, you can use instant coffee granules, but increase the amount to 2 1/2 teaspoons, since the flavor of instant coffee isn’t as strong as espresso.
Leftovers (if there are any!) will keep in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz high-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 4 standard-size candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with wax paper, leaving a 4-inch overhang on two sides.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, chopped chocolate, butter and salt in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate and butter are completed melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Dampen a small offset spatula and spread the mixture evenly and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes evenly over the surface and gently pat the pieces so they slightly sink into the surface of the mixture.
- Cover the baking pan in tinfoil and refrigerate until the fudge is set (about 1 hour). Once chilled, you can lift the fudge out of the baking pan using the wax paper overhang. Set the fudge on a cutting board, and cut into 1½-inch x 1½-inch squares. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Recipes from Day 3 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Nutella Ganache from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dark Chocolate Turtle Cups from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Santa’s Hats from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Gin Fizz from Poet in the Pantry
- Peppermint Mocha Fudge from The Redhead Baker
- Petit Pains au Chocolat aux Amandes (Petite Chocolate Almond Croissants) from Pineapple and Coconut
- Salted Cashew Caramels from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hazelnut Crescents from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Bacon Butter Toffee from Comfortably Domestic
- Grandma’s Scottish Shortbread from Farm Fresh Feasts
- OREO Snowball Cookies from Flour On My Face
- Holiday Triple Chocolate Bark from Mother Would Know
- Classic Chocolate Crinkles from Daily Appetite
- Orange Cardamom Slice and Bake Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Homemade Maple Candy from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cranberry Cherry Spice Cake Trifle from Food Babbles
- Chocolate Walnut Cranberry Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- No Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cream Puffs With Cranberry Orange Sauce from Everyday Southwest
- Mini No Bake Eggnog Cheesecake from From Gate to Plate
- Chewy Sugar Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pignolata-Italian Honey Balls from Savoring Italy
- Caramel Chocolate Cups with Peppermint Chips from Dixie Chik Cooks
- Maple Gingerbread Marshmallows from The Tomato Tart
This giveaway is sponsored by the bloggers listed above, and is not affiliated with Amazon.com. Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.