This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Churro French toast is a fun twist on a brunch classic. Rich brioche French toast is coated in cinnamon sugar, reminiscint of the Spanish treat.
We have so many delicious recipes for you to enjoy throughout the week including cocktails, appetizers, casseroles, cinnamon rolls, breakfast pizzas, coffee cakes, plenty of desserts, and more! Our BrunchWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. You can read about them here. You can enter the giveaway just below the recipe.
I’m definitely a “sweet” kind of girl when it comes to brunch options. I almost always go for pancakes or French toast rather than eggs in any form. Even at a coffee shop, I’ll go for a pastry over a breakfast sandwich.
I love one local brunch place because their menu changes with the season, and each time I go, they have something different. One summer, I got thick slices of French toast covered in fresh mango and blackberries, topped with coconut whipped cream. Delicious!
This fun French toast recipe is not much more difficult than regular French toast. After cooking the French toast, there’s just one extra step — coating the slices in cinnamon sugar.
You can serve this French toast with the traditional churro dipping sauce of dulce de leche, or with maple syrup or “flat icing,” which is the confectioners sugar-based icing that goes on cinnamon rolls
Another great thing about French toast is that leftovers freeze really well! I always make more than I think I’ll need, so that I’ll have leftover effortless French toast for breakfast on another day.
Don’t forget to read about our BrunchWeek prizes and enter the giveaway down below!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices brioche bread, stale
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 300 degrees (or set a stovetop griddle pan over medium heat). Spray with nonstick spray.
- Place a slice of brioche bread in the egg mixture and let sit for 10 seconds, then flip, and let sit another 10 seconds, then place on the griddle. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Cook until golden brown on each side, then immediately transfer to the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat each side.
- Place two slices on each plate, and serve with maple syrup, dulce de leche or simple icing (confectioners sugar and cream).
Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls With Non Slip Bottom (Set of 5). Sizes- 8, 5, 3, 1.7, 0.75 QT. For Healthy Meal, Nesting and Stackable .Monka
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
Presto Tilt 'n Drain Big Griddle Cool-Touch Electric Griddle
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1 serving (two slices)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 688 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 400mg Sodium: 814mg Carbohydrates: 77g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 27g Protein: 21g
- Guava Cosmopolitan from Family Around the Table
- Guava Gin Fizz from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- How to make Italian Soda from Creative Southern Home
- Strawberry Hibiscus Mint Julep from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Brown Sugar Bacon Palmiers from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Breakfast Potato Skins from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Keto Frittata with Bacon & Cheese from April Golightly
- Bacon & Sausage Breakfast Pizza from Eat Move Make
- Bananas Foster Pancakes from The Nifty Foodie
- Bacon Cheddar Mini Quiche from For the Love of Food
- Chai Coffee Cake Muffins from Snacks and Sips
- Churro French Toast from The Redhead Baker
- Easy Braided Bacon Cheddar Bread Wreath from Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Cheddar Bread Pudding from Cookaholic Wife
- Overnight Oatmeal 3 Ways from Big Bear’s Wife
- Peanut Butter, Bacon, & Banana Stuffed French Toast from Sweet Beginnings
- Princess Toast from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Sourdough Bagels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Cheddar, Bacon Quesadillas from Books n’ Cooks
- Blueberry Cheddar Sausage from GirlCarnivore
- Cheesy Hot Chicken & Waffles from The Crumby Kitchen
- Bananas Foster Breakfast Yogurt Cheesecakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chocolate Pecan Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- French Lemon Yogurt Cake from Caroline’s Cooking
- Mango Gooey Butter Bars from Hardly A Goddess
- Shoofly Pie from Platter Talk
- Walnut Crumb Cookies from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.