This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Lobster eggs benedict is a decadent brunch dish. Toasted brioche is topped with broiled lobster tail, a poached egg, and Hollandaise flavored with crab meat.
We have so many delicious recipes for you to enjoy throughout the week including cocktails, appetizers, casseroles, cinnamon rolls, breakfast pizzas, coffee cakes, plenty of desserts, and more! Our BrunchWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. You can read about them here. You can enter the giveaway just below the recipe.
Eggs benedict is one of my husband’s favorite brunch dishes. While I’m likely to order something sweet, like French toast, he’s more likely to order something savory. I’ve made other variations on eggs benedict in past BrunchWeeks.
This one is perfect for a celebratory brunch, whether it’s an engagement, a pregnancy announcement, a new baby, or other special occasion.
Instead of an English muffin, I used a thick slice of brioche bread. The bread is topped with broiled lobster tail meat. I’m too squeamish to boil a whole live lobster, so I bought frozen lobster tails from the seafood counter of my supermarket.
That is topped with the traditional poached egg, and Hollandaise sauce flavored with crab meat. As I mentioned in my poutine recipe, I prefer to make my Hollandaise over a double boiler for a lighter, more delicate sauce, but others prefer the blender method.
The most difficult part of this recipe is timing everything correctly to have each part ready at about the same time. It helps to have a second set of hands in the kitchen helping, otherwise, cover things with foil to keep them warm.
For the lobster
- 12 tbsp (6 oz) unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 16 oz lobster tail (thawed if frozen), shell removed
For the Hollandaise sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 4 oz jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt.
- Lower the heat to low. Chop the lobster meat into bite-size pieces and add to the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, frequently spooning the simmering butter over the top of the lobster, until the meat is opaque.
- Remove the lobster meat with a slotted spoon to a tray, cover and keep warm. Reserve the poaching liquid for the Hollandaise sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and lemon juice until lightened in color. Set the bowl over a saucepan with an inch of simmering water. While continuing to whisk, gradually drizzle in the hot poaching butter. Continue whisking and cooking until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the tarragon, Old Bay and salt. Fold in the crab meat. Set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled two-thirds with water plus two tablespoons of vinegar to a gentle boil.
- Break the eggs into separate ramekins, and slide into the water. Poach the eggs, maintaining a gentle simmer, until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Toast the brioche, and place each slice on its own plate. Brush with melted butter.
- Top each brioche slice with some of the crab meat. Top that with a poached egg, then pour on some of the Hollandaise. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 977 Total Fat: 65g Saturated Fat: 36g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 711mg Sodium: 969mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 53g
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
- 4 Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri from Hardly A Goddess
- Grapefruit Lime Spritzer from Love and Confections
- Dairy Free Peach Italian Cream Soda from Cookaholic Wife
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie from The Mandatory Mooch
- Peach Guava Italian Soda from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Mimosas from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lobster Eggs Benedict from The Redhead Baker
- Sandwich Cake (Smörgåstårta) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry-Mascarpone Dessert Pizza from Tip Garden
- Brown Sugar Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
- Kiss Of Chocolate Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Rainbow Biscotti from The Crumby Kitchen
- Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip Cookies from Simply Healthyish Recipes
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.