Although this post is sponsored by Nature's Touch™ Frozen Foods, all opinions are my own.
Get a Taste of Adventure with a frozen mango jalapeno margarita! Blend Nature’s Touch organic mango with jalapeno-infused tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
I haven’t always been an adventurous eater. I was a pretty picky child. I wasn’t exposed to a wide variety of food at home. I refused to eat any and all forms of seafood until I was about 24 years old.
Fast forward to the point where I was trying to lose the weight I had gained in college. I decided to try a diet that limited all sugar for two weeks and stressed lean meats and fresh vegetables, then gradually added whole grains back to the diet.
The diet advised limiting starchy vegetables like corn (my favorite at the time). I figured I was going to have to step outside of my comfort zone and branched to try other vegetables I’d never tasted, like asparagus.
Once I realized how much I loved roasted fresh asparagus, I quickly branched out to try other things. While I once would have literally gagged at just the idea of eating escargots, they are now one of my favorite appetizers.
Now that I’ve discovered a sense of adventure when it comes to food, I was eager to try a uniquely-flavored drink — mango jalapeno margaritas. Nature’s Touch Organic Mangoes provided the perfect opportunity. Nature’s Touch frozen fruits and vegetables are available at ShopRite stores. They’re grown on USDA- and Ecocert-certified organic farms in Mexico and Peru, then harvested at the peak of ripeness so you can enjoy flavorful, nutritious fruits and vegetables year-round.
My son loves raspberries, so I got a bag of frozen organic raspberries for him to snack on. Nature’s Touch also offers pesticide-free frozen mangoes. I also picked up a bag of frozen organic peas to put in my favorite chicken pot pie recipe. I love feeling confident in knowing where the food my family eats comes from and how it’s grown.
The perfectly ripe frozen mango is the perfect complement to spicy jalapeno-infused tequila. And the best part is that you control the spice level, first by deciding just how much jalapeno to infuse into your tequila, and then by the length of time you infuse the alcohol. Once you’ve reached your desired level of spice, remove the jalapeno slices from the tequila so they don’t continue to increase the heat level.
Are you an adventurous eater? Create your own recipe with Nature's Touch products to get a chance to win a Foodie Trip Adventure of your choice (either Chile, Belgium, or Canada) and a chance to visit a fruit or veggie farm where the products are grown, plus other great prizes such as a free NutriBullet® or grocery gift cards. Post a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #FlavorAdventure and tag @NaturesTouchContest between 3/20 and 5/31/2017. For more information on the contest and to get other inspirational recipes, visit www.NaturesTouchContest.com.
- 1 ½ cups tequila
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, depending on heat preference
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 20 oz Nature’s Touch Organic Mangos
- 1 ½ cups triple sec
- Cut off the top of the jalapeno(s) and discard. Slice the peppers into ¼-inch rings. In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the tequila and the pepper slices. Seal the jar and store in a cool dark place for at least 24 hours and up to a week. The longer the tequila is stored, the spicier it will be.
- When ready to make the margaritas, zest one of the limes. Combine the zest with two tablespoons of the sugar.
- Strain the tequila into the jar of a large blender, reserving the jalapeno pepper slices.
- Add the triple sec, the juice of the two limes (reserve one of the limes for rimming the glasses), the frozen mango, and the remaining sugar to the blender. Top off the blender with ice.
- Puree the contents of the blender.
- Use one of the juiced lime wedges to moisten the rims of the glasses, then dip the glasses in the lime/sugar mixture.
- Divide the margarita mixture between the four glasses. Garnish with the reserved tequila-soaked jalapeno slices and serve.