This peach pie ice cream is flavored with roasted peaches and has a swirl of graham cracker crumb crust, and no ice cream maker is required to make it!
Today's #SundaySupper event, hosted by Sue of A Palatable Pastime, is all about peaches. Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruits, so I was having a hard time deciding what recipe to share. I think I changed my mind at least four times.
Peaches are so versatile. They're fantastic in savory dishes and condiments, and in sweet dishes, too. I was thinking about a classic peach cobbler, but it's been SO hot and humid here in Philly, I didn't want a warm dish.
I was browsing Pinterest for inspiration, and came across peach pie ice cream: roasted peaches and sweetened graham cracker crust swirled through vanilla ice cream. It sounded so refreshing, but, I wanted peach-flavored ice cream, not peaches IN ice cream.
I also didn't want to go through the three-day-process it takes me to make ice cream. My ice cream maker bowl needs to chill for 48 hours (most are ready to go after 24 hours), then make the base, chill it, churn it, and freeze it overnight. I didn't have time for all of that.
I decided to give no-churn ice cream a try for the first time. There are different methods to no-churn ice cream, some use condensed sweetened milk, some use eggs. This one uses sweetened condensed milk, and then whipped cream is folded in to lighten the custard.
There are several steps to preparing this ice cream, but I assure you, it's all worth it. Keep a close eye on your peaches, if you roast them until they dry out, they will not be easy to puree. You want them to have bubbly juices around the edges, just like a pie would have.
As you prepare your loaf pan for the custard, you'll probably think there's no WAY all that ice cream will fit! It will, just pack it down. Then, hard as it will be, do not touch it for 8 hours AT LEAST. The longer, the better. The sheet of plastic wrap over the top will help prevent crystals from forming.
Once it hardens, scoop away! Serve in cups, ice cream cones, waffle bowls, whatever you like!
One note — if you're craving this recipe outside of fresh peach season, you can also use frozen peach slices NOT packed in syrup. Thaw them, then continue with the recipe.
- 5 lb peaches, thinly sliced (or 1 frozen peach slices, NOT packed in syrup, thawed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, 14-
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the peach slices out in a single layer and sprinkle with the brown sugar and salt. Roast until golden, flipping once or twice during roast time, about 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, add the bourbon and puree. Set aside to cool. Turn off the oven.
- Stir together the graham crumbs and melted butter. Using your hands, squeeze portions of the mixture together to form clumps. Spread the mixture out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the warm (but still turned off!) oven until the butter dries.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pureed peaches, sweetened condensed milk, almond and vanilla extracts until combined.
- Place the cold cream in the chilled bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peach mixture until evenly combined and no white streaks remain. Add the graham cracker crumbs to the mixture and gently stir to distribute.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined loaf pan or a freezer container. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats
Discover more #SundaySupper recipes featuring peaches!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement