This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Smoky pork tacos with sweet apple slaw is an easy, delicious dinner. The combination of flavors and textures is sure to be a hit!
It’s Day 5 of AppleWeek! Have you checked out the giveaway prizes and entered to win yet? If not, head over to Monday’s post to read about the prize packs from our generous sponsors and fill out the entry form.
Today’s recipe is a delicious dinner recipe that pairs smoky pork tenderloin strips with tangy-sweet apple slaw. I used my new Swiss Diamond non-stick saute pan to sear my pork tenderloins before finishing them in the oven, then topped them with an apple slaw.
I have been using this pan A LOT since I received it a few weeks. It’s giving my stainless steels and cast-iron pans a run for their money! It browns meat just as nicely as my other pans, and it’s SO easy to clean. I haven’t found any foods yet that stick to it, thanks to the diamond particles in the coating.
The pork is coated in a flavorful spice mixture of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and chipotle chili powder. The chipotle chili powder gives the pork a smoky rather than outright hot-and-spicy flavor.
The apple slaw is so easy to make because it starts with a pre-shredded bagged mix from the grocery store. Then you add very thinly sliced apple sticks, and dress the slaw with a mixture of cider vinegar and lime juice. This slaw complements the pork tacos really well. It can be made up to a day ahead of time, and only gets tastier as the flavors of the slaw meld together and infuse the apple slices.
Finally, add something creamy to your tacos, either avocado slices or a dollop or two of sour cream. Tacos are a weekly staple in our house, and I love that we have a familiar dish with a slightly new flavor to add to our rotation.
[amazon_link asins=’B01E9LNDD6,B00004OCK1,B01GP2MTXW,B00004RFLI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’theredheadbak-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8795585c-c1f5-11e8-b97c-9d3908175976′]
For the slaw
- 3 cups bagged slaw mix
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch-thick medallions
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 flour tortillas
- Avocado, sliced
Make the apple slaw:
- In a large bowl, toss slaw ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Make the tacos:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the spices together. Place the pork medallions in a large ziptop bag, add the spices, and shake until pork is well covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 4.3-quart Swiss Diamond non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Add the pork pieces and brown a few minutes on both sides. Don't crowd the pan -- cook in batches if needed.
- Once all are browned, transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking the pork another 20 minutes, or until the medallions reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let cool about 10 minutes.
Assemble the tacos:
- Cut the pork medallions into strips. Layer a few strips of pork onto a flour tortilla, and top with some of the apple slaw and 2 slices of avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 678mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 30g
More AppleWeek Recipes:
- Apple & Chipotle Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple and Plum Crumble by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Cider Herb Roast Chicken by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pecan Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette by Everyday Eileen
- Apple Sausage Skewers by The Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Granola by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Pie Jam by Tip Garden
- Apple Prosciutto Fontina Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Strudel by The Anthony Kitchen
- Baked Apple Pancake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Curry Soup by The Saucy Fig
- Bavarian Sauerkraut by Palatable Pastime
- Bourbon Apple Fizz Cocktail by Girl Abroad
- Bulgogi-Inspired Oven Beef Jerky by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Caramelized Apple Wheatberry Porridge with Pepitas and Cranberries by The Baking Fairy
- Chai Apple Multigrain Pancakes by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Chai Spiced Apple Waffles by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Creamy Apple Cider Chicken Skillet by House of Nash Eats
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Baked Apples by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Sponge Charlotte Cake With Caramel Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Beet & Apple Salad by Savory Moments
- Dairy Queen Copy Cat Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- French Apple Cake by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Glazed Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Grandma’s Apple Butter by The Freshman Cook
- Granny Smith Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pan Apple Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Quick Applesauce for One by Shockingly Delicious
- Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple, Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing by Books n’ Cooks