For your next summer get-together, make a batch of sparkling blackberry-peach sangria. It's refreshing, and loaded with fresh seasonal fruit.
This sangria is white-wine based (I used a dry pinot grigio with peachy notes), and is flavored with seasonal summer fruit: peaches and blackberries.
Since peaches can be mild in flavor, it gets even more peach flavor from peach nectar. Peach nectar is just pureed peach flesh, sometimes with extra water and/or sugar. The added pulp makes it thicker than juice.
I had to check a few stores before I found it. I ended up finding it in the international aisle of my local Wegman's, near the coconut milk. If you really can't find it locally, and don't want to order it online, you can substitute peach schnapps.
This makes a good-sized batch for a summer get-together crowd. It would be good with any kind of stone fruit in place of (or in addition to) the peaches, and any kind of berries in place of (or in addition to) the blackberries.
The sweetness of this drink will vary depending on what kind of wine you use, how ripe your fruit is, and whether your peach nectar has added sugar. After the sangria has chilled overnight, taste it. If you don't think it's sweet enough, add a tablespoonful or two of honey, stirring until it has dissolved, before adding the prosecco and serving.
[amazon_link asins='B07B4GZDHW,B071X118X7,B0722TXRJW,B00004RFMO' template='ProductCarousel' store='theredheadbak-20' marketplace='US' link_id='0bb1aecf-780a-11e8-a94b-559bd8187bd6']
- 1,500 mL dry white wine, 2 bottles
- 750 mL prosecco
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup white rum
- 12 oz. fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- Pour the white wine, prosecco, peach nectar, triple sec and rum into a large pitcher, stir to combine.
- Add the sliced peaches and blackberries.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator, and chill overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 6-oz glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Sodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9g
Adapted from The Spiffy Cookie
A Summer Barbecue!
Cocktails & Other Beverages
- Sparkling Blackberry Peach Sangria - The Redhead Baker
- Grilled Crostini Four Ways from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- BBQ Green Chile Bacon Burger - The Heritage Cook
- Grilled Skewers of Halloumi, Peppers, Tomatoes and Onions over Zoodles - The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables - From a Chef's Kitchen
- Reeses Rice Krispie Treats - That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Key Lime Pie with Whipped Cream and Lime Zest - Creative Culinary
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. Each recipe in our menu this month features foods for a Summer Barbecue. Our host this month is Barb from Creative Culinary.
If you're unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats it’s a virtual party. A theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out. Come along and see all of the delicious summer dishes!