I wanted something quick and easy for dinner tonight. Ground meat was on sale at the grocery store, and on a whim, I picked up a package of ground beef, pork and veal (yes, all in one package -- it's marketed as "fresh meatloaf"). These burgers are very flavorful and juicy.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 2 pounds (combined) of ground beef, pork, and veal
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls
- Sliced Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Gently combine meats, Worcestershire, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 6 portions, weighing approximately 4 ¾ ounces each.
- Grill over high heat about 6 minutes, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger and allow to melt.
- Serve on kaiser rolls.