Caprese burgers are topped with the classic flavors of caprese — tomato, basil, mozzarella, and a balsamic reduction sauce.
Welcome to the #SundaySupper Hamburgers and Hotdogs event, hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! We're sharing, what else, hot dog and hamburger recipes!
Since I'm not a hot dog fan, I chose to share a burger recipe. Since it's summer time, I chose one of my favorite summer burgers, the Caprese burger. I love caprese ANYTHING, so if it combines tomato, basil and mozzarella, I'll probably eat it.
The burger itself is pretty simple, just ground beef seasoned on the outside with kosher salt. This helps it get a nice sear on the outside. The burger is topped with thick slices of mozzarella and fresh tomato, as well as basil.
Then, the burger is drizzled with an easy-to-make balsamic reduction. It's so simple yet so flavorful, and so very SUMMER.
Pin this Caprese Burgers recipe for later!
For the balsamic sauce:
- 1 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
For the burgers:
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- Kosher salt
- 4 slices thick of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices thick of tomato
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 4 hamburger buns
- Make the sauce: Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until reduced to ¼ cup (10 to 15 minutes). Keep a close eye on it.
- Turn off the heat, and add the butter, stir until melted and incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the meat into 4-oz portions and shape into patties.
- Heat a stainless steel or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of each patty with kosher salt. Cook the burgers about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare doneness (longer if you prefer medium-well or well-done).
- While the burgers are cooking, split the burger buns and place them on a broiler pan, cut-side up. Toast under the broiler for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Place a burger patty on each bottom bun half. Top with tomato, mozarella cheese and 2 basil leaves. Drizzle on balsamic sauce, then top with the other half of the bun and serve.
Recipe by The Redhead Baker
Discover more #SundaySupper Hamburgers and Hotdogs!
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Whiskey Cheddar Burger by From Gate to Plate
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dogs by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Michigan Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Perfect Corn Dogs by My World Simplified
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chicken Sate Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese & Fig Burgers by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers with Balsamic Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Puka Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spicy Terimayo Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Hot Dogs with French Fries) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Where's the Beef Burgers
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- California Dreaming Shrimp Burgers by The Weekend Gourmet
Where's the Bun Burger
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip by Love and Confections
- Cheeseburger Salad by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- California Burger Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Dessert Hamburgers and Fries by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Wednesday 30th of August 2017
Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the net the simplest factor to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst folks think about worries that they plainly do not recognize about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , other people can take a signal.
Will likely be again to get more. Thank you
Tuesday 29th of August 2017
Wednesday 27th of July 2016
These burgers look delish, Coleen. Love the balsamic glaze.
Monday 25th of July 2016
You have all the good stuff in here. I love caprese with fresh basil and garden ripe tomatoes!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook
Monday 25th of July 2016
There's almost nothing better than a caprese in the summer - as long as you've got that balsamic! Love that you added it to a burger.